What is agricultural science?
Agricultural Sciences is the study of the relationship between soils, plants and animals in the production and processing of food, fibre, fuel and other agricultural commodities that have an economic, aesthetic and cultural value.
1. Soil science
2. Plant studies
3. Animal studies
4. Agricultural economics
5. Basic agricultural Chemistry
6. Basic Genetics and Biological Concepts
7. Sustainable natural resource utilization
In agricultural sciences learners will:
• Develop an awareness of the management and care of the environment, natural resources and the humane treatment of animals through application of science and related technology;
• Develop problem-solving mechanisms within the contexts of agricultural production, processing and marketing practices;
• Be aware of the social and economic development of the society at large through personal development in commercial and subsistence farming enterprises;
• Become informed and responsible citizens in the production of agricultural commodities, caring for the environment and addressing social justice issues; and
• Be aware of agricultural indigenous knowledge and practices through understanding agricultural sciences in historical and social contexts.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes