What is Business studies?
The subject Business Studies deals with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values critical for informed, productive, ethical and responsible participation in the formal and informal economic sectors. The subject encompasses business principles, theory and practice that underpin the development of entrepreneurial initiatives, sustainable enterprises and economic growth.
The purpose of Business studies
Business studies will ensure that learners:
• acquire and apply essential business knowledge, skills and principles to productively and profitably conduct business in changing business environments;
• create business opportunities, creatively solve problems and take risks, respecting the rights of others and environmental sustainability;
• apply basic leadership and management skills and principles while working with others to accomplish business goals;
• are motivated, self-directed, reflective lifelong learners who responsibly manage themselves and their activities while working towards business goals;
• are committed to developing themselves and others through business opportunities and ventures;
• are able to secure formal employment, and are in a position to pursue sustainable entrepreneurial and self-employment career pathways.
- Lectures 16
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 43 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 52
- Assessments Yes
2017 National Senior Certificate Examination Papers, Adendums and Memorandum