1. Why is international tourism important to the S.A economy. (2)
2. How could households in rural areas benefit from tourism. (2)
3. What are the biggest challenges to tourism in S.A (also refer to the present moment) (4)
4. Briefly describe the negative effects of Tourism on the environment. (8)
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Grade 11 Economics – Development strategies 20/08/2012 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 11 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Economic development is about raising the living standards in developing countries. This will only happen when policies applied by the government results in the increase in the living standards of people in a country.
The following strategies will help accelerate development:
1. Development of quality human resources (labour) through improving…[Read more]
* Tourism refers to the activities of people travelling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for a period of not more than a year e.g when you visit your aunt in Johannesburg.
Types of Tourism
1. Domestic tourism- South Africans travelling with South Africa e.g going for a vacation in Limpopo or Cape Town.
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Grade 11 Economics- Economic Development Activity – 18/08/2021 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 11 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Refer to the economic development notes
1. Name any characteristic of developing countries. (1)
2. Which indicator is used in measuring the Human Development Index.(1)
3. Briefly describe the concept of economic development (2)
4. Explain the use of per capita figures. (2)
5. How can South African government improve the quality of…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Grade 10 Economics- industrial development 18/08/2021 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 10 10 months, 2 weeks ago
* Industrial revolution started in Britain and spread to the rest of the world. This resulted in large scale manufacturing (mass production- producing large amounts of the same products on assembly lines at low costs per unit) of durable consumer goods and supply of services.
*Manufacturers replaced…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Grade 12 Economics- Evaluation of economic and social indicators in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 12 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Evaluate the success of the following economic indicators in South Africa.
* Employment. (2×4)(8)
Hint: Research the statistics on the StatSA website and compare them with other countries( choose 2 countries for comparison)
Evaluate the success of the development programs of S.A in terms of…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics Grade 10 – Early economic development and the emergence of trade acti in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 10 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Activity 2 refer to your notes.
2.1 List ONE human activities of earliest human societies. (1)
2.2 Mention one example of commodity money. (1)
2.3 Describe barter exchange. (2)
2.4 Explain the benefit of producing using technology. (2)
2.5 Briefly discuss the shortcomings of barter trade. (4)
2.6 Explain how an increase in the demand for goods…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics grade 12_ economic and social indicators. in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 12 10 months, 3 weeks ago
These indicators show how the economy is performing and they are used to analyse the current economic conditions, for example high levels of employment rates indicates the growth of the economy or low interest rates indicates the increase in economic activities resulting in the increase in spending, increased production hence…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic GRADE 10 MATHEMATICAL LITERACY – FINANCE : INTEREST in the forum MATHEMATICAL LITERACY Grade 10 11 months ago
*Interest is the extra money added to an investment or the amount that we borrow.
*Interest rate is the percentage used to calculate interest.
*Annually or per annum means yearly.
Jane needs to take a loan of R10 000 from the bank. She wants to pay it back within 2 years. The annual interest rate is 10%. She wants to get the best…[Read more]
Refer to your notes on wealth creation process.
1.List two main sources of wealth. (2)
2. Distinguish briefly between physical and financial wealth. (4)
3. Explain the relationship between the Lorenz curve and the Gini coefficient. (2)
4. State the major reasons for the unequal distribution of income.(4)
5. Discuss the government’s intervention in…[Read more]
Refer to the notes on Special Economic Zones and Spatial Development Initiatives.
1. Name one benefit of the SEZ investment to the labour market. (1)
2. Name one Special Economic Zone in Eastern Cape. (1)
3. Briefly describe the term Special Economic Zone. (2)
4. What is the main objective of Spatial Development Initiatives? (2)
5. Why is…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic EARLY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND THE EMERGENCE OF TRADE in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 10 11 months ago
1. READ THE FOLLOWING EXTRACT AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOW.
Subsistence agriculture occurs when farmers grow food crops to meet the needs of themselves and their families.Agriculturalists target farm output for survival and for mostly local requirements with no surplus. Subsistence peasants are people who grow what they eat. Subsistence…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics Grade 10 – Early economic development and the emergence of trade in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 10 11 months, 2 weeks ago
In early times, traditional societies depended on nature to satisfy their needs e.g hunting, agriculture.
These early societies were Nomadic( when resources in an area were depleted, the group would move and find another place)
SELF SUFFICIENCY AND DEPENDENCE ON AGRICULTURE
● People gave up their nomadic way of life as hunters and gatherers w…[Read more]
● Utility is the amount of satisfaction that someone gets from consuming an additional unit.
● it is the satisfaction gained in consuming an economic good.This consumption can be anything from ice cream, riding a bike, charity donations, bed etc.
● Utility units are called Utils.
● Total Utility (TU) refers to all the satisfaction gained from th…[Read more]
1. Evaluate RDP and GEAR as South African government policies to promote economic growth and development. (8)
2. Evaluate the impact of EPWP on the community. (8)
* answer in your books*
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Mathematical literacy grade 10 – Income and Expenditure in the forum MATHEMATICAL LITERACY Grade 10 11 months, 2 weeks ago
*Income is any way in which a person earn money.
*Kinds of income include salaries, wages, commission,gifts, pocket money,interest, inheritance, bursaries and loans.
*Personal income is the money that is paid to you or that comes into your possession or bank account.
* Personal income can be:
● Fixed income- an amount of money a…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics Grade 12 – S.A Growth and Development Policies – Activity 14/07/2021 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 12 11 months, 3 weeks ago
QUESTION 3: ECONOMIC PURSUITS 40 MARKS – 30 MINUTES
3.1 Answer the following questions.
3.1.1 Name any TWO aspects addressed by the North-South divide. (2 x 1)(2)
3.1.2 How would an increase in productivity benefit foreign investment in South Africa? (1 x 2) (2)
3.2 Study the information below and answer the questions that follow.
NATIONAL D…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics Grade 12 – S.A Growth and Development Policies – NOTES 14/07/2021 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 12 11 months, 3 weeks ago
South Africa held became a democratic country in April 1994, however, it faced challenges of transforming its economy after years of the Apartheid regime. In order to rebuild the economy, the government implemented growth and development policies such as RDP,GEAR,NDP, ASGISA, JIPSA, BEE.
SOUTH AFRICA’S GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT POLICIES SINCE…[Read more]
Pretty Ndlovu started the topic Economics Grade 11 – Cross Elasticity of Demand 14/07/2021 in the forum ECONOMICS Grade 11 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Cross Elasticity of Demand
Cross elasticity of demand measures the responsiveness of demand for one good to a change in the price of another good.
The higher the value of the cross elasticity of demand the stronger the effect will be on the demand for a related product.
Cross Elasticity of Demand = % change in quantity demanded of Product A…[Read more]
MAXIMUM PRICES/ PRICE CEILINGS
A maximum price the highest price set by the government which the businesses are allowed to charge to their customers. It is usually set below the market price to make goods affordable to consumers.
Reasons for implementing Maximum prices
-The key reason is to keep the prices of basic food low in order to ensure…[Read more]
- Load More